As a hairdresser or a salon owner, you’ll know how many pairs of gloves you go through on a weekly basis. It’s important that you have gloves that are comfortable, flexible and do not leave your hands feeling too dry or too sweaty after a long day in the salon. One incredible solution becoming more and more popular in the salon industry is black nitrile gloves.
In this article, we will look at some of the pros and cons associated with using black nitrile gloves as a hairdresser.
Advantages of Black Nitrile Gloves
- Waterproof – As a hairdresser, you often wash things while dealing with a client, which is why it is so great these gloves are waterproof.
- Greaseproof – These gloves are greaseproof, and there is no way of grease or other fluids seeping into your gloves.
- Low sweat technology – Sweating profusely inside a glove can be one of the most uncomfortable feelings for a hairdresser. Nitrile gloves have been made with low sweat technology, making them very comfortable.
- Dexterity – Hairdressers need to be dexterous in order to open and close bottles, use scissors, etc. Nitrile gloves offer maximum dexterity.
- Snag-resistant – Snags can happen very easily, and it is so annoying when a snag causes a tear in your glove. Nitrile gloves are highly resistant to snags and punctures.
- Hypoallergenic – Those with allergies will be glad to hear these gloves are hypoallergenic.
- Biodegradable – One of the most significant advantages of these gloves is that they are biodegradable, thus reducing your eco footprint.
Drawbacks of Black Nitrile Gloves
- Not all nitrile gloves are biodegradable – Be sure to check that the nitrile gloves you plan to buy are indeed biodegradable, as certain nitrile gloves are not.
- Not all nitrile gloves are food-grade – Check that your nitrile gloves are food grade if you want to use them to handle food in your salon.
- Should not be overstretched – Overstretching can cause tears.
As we can see from the above, there are far more advantages to nitrile gloves than drawbacks.
Are you looking to introduce black nitrile gloves in your salon in Australia? Here at Affordable Eco Solutions, we offer biodegradable nitrile gloves at our online shop that sells a wide range of other affordable and eco friendly salon products. Browse our website or feel free to get in touch with us for more information.